Trust Housing, Care & Support Provider Menu Menu icon

Feedback & Complaints

We are committed to providing first class customer services in quality homes. That's why we value all feedback. It lets us know what we're doing well, and importantly, what we could be doing better.

Something not right?

Please let us know so we can do better.

If something goes wrong or you are dissatisfied with our services, it's important that you tell us. We really value complaints and use information from them to help us improve our services. 

We regard a complaint as any expression of dissatisfaction about our action or lack of action, or about the standard of service provided by us or on our behalf.

Click here to see our complaints handling leaflet, where you can find more detailed information on our procedure.

How to complain

Anyone who receives, requests or is affected by our services can make a complaint. This includes our tenants, but also members of the public who could have access to or be affected by our services, including anti-social behaviour/neighbour nuisance.

If your complaint is about a care or housing support service, you can choose whether to complain to us or to the Care Inspectorate.

You can raise a complaint:

  • in person at any of our offices or developments
  • by phoning us on 0131 444 1200
  • by emailing us at
  • in writing to Trust Housing Association, 12 New Mart Road, Edinburgh, EH14 1RL
  • by completing and submitting the form below

Getting help to make your complaint

We understand that you may be reluctant to make a complaint yourself. We can take complaints from a friend, relative or an advocate if you have given them your consent to complain for you. Click here to download a consent form.

You can find out more about advocates in your area by contacting the Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance:

You can find out about advisers in your area through Citizens Advice Scotland:

  • Website:
  • Check your phonebook for your local citizens advice bureau.

If you have trouble putting your complaint in writing, or want any information in another language or format, such as large font, or Braille, please let us know so we can help. Our staff are trained to support you through the complaints process. If you are having any trouble with any stage, please let us know.

We can use our Happy to Translate toolkit or arrange translation services if you need help with interpretation.

We can also provide interpretation and/or translation services if you are a British Sign Language user. BSL users can also contact us via, which is a free public service.

Significant Performance Failure

A Significant Performance Failure happens if we fail to do something, or do something that puts tenants’ interests at risk. You can report a Significant Performance Failure (SPF) to the Scottish Housing Regulator. 

Find out more about Significant Performance Failures go the Scottish Housing Regulator's website.