Mid Market Rent Housing
Mid Market Rent is a type of affordable housing for households with modest incomes who want to rent a new home for the long term, with rent levels set below the usual market rent for the area.
What is mid-market rent housing?
Trust is a not for profit organisation, however we offer Mid Market Rent services through our commercial subsidiary Trust Enterprise Limited (TEL).
Mid Market Rent (MMR) is a type of affordable housing for households with modest incomes who want to rent a new home for the long term, with rent levels set below the usual market rent for the area.
To be eligible for a Mid Market Rent property you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be over 18 years old;
- You should normally be working;
- If only one person in your household is working, your annual household income should be more than £20,000 and less than around £33,000. If there is more than one working adult in your household, you can still qualify as long as your annual household income is less than around £40,000;
- You should not normally be receiving Housing Benefit or Local Housing Allowance;
- You must be applying for the property to live in it as your only and permanent home.
Mid Market Rent customers typically have no priority for social housing, but cannot afford to buy their own home or pay full-market rents. Mid-market rent homes offer alternative affordable housing for customers who work and earn between £20,000 and £33,000 (single applicants) or £40,000 (couples).
Learn more about living with Trust.