Trust Housing, Care & Support Provider Menu Menu icon

Report a Repair to your Trust Housing accommodation

We want to make sure your home is safe and secure. If you find a problem, we'll do our best to fix it as soon as we can.

Trust operates the Right to Repair Scheme:    

Scottish secure tenants and short Scottish secure tenants have the right to have small urgent repairs carried out by their landlord within a given timescale. This is called the Right to Repair scheme. Please refer to Scottish Government website for further information.

How to report a repair 

If your repair is an emergency, it's important that you call us:

  • During office hours - 0131 444 1200 (select option 2)
  • Out of hours - 0345 604 4686

An emergency repair includes no heating, hot water or power, burst pipes and anything that may cause harm to you or your neighbours or considerable damage to your home.  

If your repair is not an emergency, you can contact us using the form below. You can also get in touch in other ways:  

●      emailing us at; or

●      visiting us at any of our offices.


If you smell gas, call 0800 111 999.

Response times 

This depends on the category of your repair. Emergency repairs should be made safe within six hours and completed in 24 hours. Non emergency repairs are given a priority of urgent (to be completed within three working days) and routine (to be completed within 20 working days).

When is a repair an 'emergency' repair?

We always try to get your repairs completed as quickly as we can. Some repairs are classed as “emergency” repairs and these are prioritised. “Emergency” repairs are things like burst pipes or no heating or hot water. When a repair is an “emergency”, someone will attend within a target of 4 hours. They may not be able to completely resolve the issue, but will make things safe and begin the process of getting the repair completed in full.

Your own circumstances can also mean that a repair needs to be classed as an emergency.  Special circumstances, for example if you have just come out of hospital or are very unwell, might mean something that is not normally classed as an emergency can be treated in this way.

Rechargeable repairs

On occasion, we need to charge tenants for the cost of the repair. This only happens if neglect or carelessness has caused the repair.

We will try and tell you this when you report the repair, and the cost. But sometimes we don’t know this until the work has been done. In certain situations, we might need you to pay for the repair in advance.

Alterations and improvements

If you want to make a change to your home, you need to make us aware of this. We will let you know within 28 days if you can carry out any changes. Contact us for an alterations form.  

If we refuse a request, we will always explain why. Sometimes, changes to your home can mean compensation when you move out. 


We've designed our properties with our tenants' needs in mind. However, situations can change, and you may find that you need to make alterations to your home to help you carry on living independently. These are called adaptations, you can find more information on our adaptations page.

Home insurance

It’s vital that you insure your home against damage. If your possessions are stolen or you are flooded (for example) we will repair any damage to the property, but it’s your responsibility to replace the contents of your home.

We’re happy to help with this, so contact us if you want to talk about home contents insurance.